The fall/winter Sephora VIB/VIB Rouge sale is just around the corner—can you believe it? As you may know, Sephora discounts are rare so when this coupon arrives in the mail, grab your credit card because it’s about to get serious. I use this time to stock up on old favorites as well as items that I’ve been itching to try.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (TIMING OF SALE BASED ON ONLINE SPOILERS)
• VIB Rouge members can begin shopping in store and online from November 3-6, 2017
• VIB members can begin shopping in store and online from November 10-15, 2017
• The coupon is valid for 20% off your entire purchase
• The coupon is reusable (i.e. you can make an in store purchase, drive home and decide that you need more, and place an online order)
• If you’re a Rouge member, there will be a Holiday Bonus period in which you will be able to save 20% from November 10-15, 2017
• Apart from stocking up on repurchases, consider splurging on a fragrance during the sale. Perfumes and colognes are rarely discounted, so the 20% coupon is especially useful in this department.
• Sephora Favorites kits and other brand specific kits are a great route if you want to try a few products from a brand. They are usually priced below retail value so when you apply your 20% coupon, you’ll be getting an even better deal.
• Don’t forget to check the sale section on the website—the coupon will also work on already discounted merchandise.
• I usually start building my online cart the week before the sale. This way I have time to assess what’s in my beauty closet and I don’t have to feel rushed when the first day of the sale arrives—all I have to do is enter my discount code and hit ‘checkout’.
• I prefer to do my shopping online for several reasons:
1. Sephora has an excellent return policy should you order the wrong shade of foundation, bronzer, etc.
2. I don’t have to wait in line where they entice you with the mini versions of hundreds of products. We all know that never ends well.
3. EBATES! I use Ebates every time I make an online purchase. When you shop through Ebates, you’re guaranteed to get money back on your purchase. At the end of every quarter, Ebates will mail you a check for the total you’ve saved—I have saved over $200 this year alone. Some stores offer as much as 20% cash back on your purchase, some may only offer 2%. Regardless, that’s more money in your pocket and it’s totally free! Right now Ebates is offering 8% cash back when you shop at Sephora.com — plus you can still use your 20% off coupon at checkout. To learn more, click the link below—you’ll receive a $10 bonus just for signing up and making your first purchase of $25.
(Click HERE to save!)
WHAT’S ON MY LIST
• Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm– I don’t think I really have to say much; y’all know how much Caitlin and I love this stuff. It takes off even the most stubborn makeup in the gentlest way. Extremely suitable for sensitive skin, no fragrance and a little goes a long way.
• Tata Harper Glow For It Kit– I’ve never tried anything from the Tata Harper line so I think this might be the best time to give it a try. I’ve heard wonderful things about the entire range, but I especially love face masks so I think this kit would be most suitable for my skin.
• Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara– Again, another repurchase, but I just can’t resist. This mascara does something to my lashes that I can’t quite find in a drugstore alternative. It makes my lashes look longer than normal, the pigment is super opaque and the formula is more on the wet side so if you prefer dryer mascaras, this one might not be for you.
• Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Amethyst– I don’t wear eyeliner (it doesn’t look good, and I suck at application), so these eyeshadow sticks are perfect for smudging along my lash line or for overall lid color. Amethyst is my personal favorite because I think the subtle purple looks nice with blue eyes, but all of the caviar sticks are fantastic. They’re super creamy and blendable, but they don’t travel once they’re set.
• Sephora Favorites Extend Your Style Dry Shampoo Collection– I’ve purchased this kit the last two years and I’m never left disappointed. They do change up some of the options every year, and while I know the Ouai foam is on my UNfavorites list, I am ride or die for the other four options in the kit. These are the perfect size for travel so if you find yourself on an airplane quite often, I would suggest this kit so you can discover a favorite or two.
• Herbivore True Blue Skin Clarifying Duo– The blue tansy mask is one of my top resurfacing masks; very gentle but effective. This particular pairing comes with a small version of their Lapis facial oil which I’ve been wanting to try for the past year. I’ve read some really rave reviews so I’m excited to give it a try.
• Cover FX Bronzer– The color suntan is my perfect match—cool toned for my fair skin but doesn’t make me look too hollow. Some bronzers can be pretty tricky to apply, but this is a no fuss product that can also be used to contour.
• Nars Audacious Lipstick in Barbara– Easily my most worn nude lipstick. Barbara is the perfect color match for my skin tone and it’s extremely creamy without smearing outside of my lip line. I never reach for a lip liner when I wear this shade and I think it will be a nice nude for autumn into winter. The audacious range is one of my favorite lipstick formulas as well—you won’t be disappointed!
What items are on your list? Let us know if you have any favorites that we must try!